Helpful Hints for Routine Inspections
Regular routine inspections are conducted every 4 months, being 3 times a year. You will receive an entry notice giving you a minimum 7 clear days notice before entry. We award a tenant of the month to the most immaculate property found during inspections. We also leave a small token of our appreciation for all properties deemed ‘immaculate’ during our routine inspections.
Note: At routine inspections it is expected that dogs will be restrained in order for the property manager to inspect the yard.
Regular general cleaning will help keep your rental property in good order. Our Routine Inspector has compiled a list of the following areas that will be checked at our inspections. These are not just basic cleaning issues, but items that left unattended could cause long term damage to the property.
- Build up of mould/scum in showers/baths on walls and bases, on sealant between laminate and tiles of vanities, around bases of taps and in tracks of sliding shower screens.
- Build up of mould/scum around kitchen sink taps, on sealant between laminate and tiles (particularly behind sink area)
- Build up of spilt and burnt on material on and around hot plates and in drip trays and to a lesser degree ovens- especially the roof and grills.
- Accumulation of dirt in sliding window/door/robe tracks.
- Cleaning products being stored on kitchen/laundry/bathroom window sills, causing paint to peel.
- Dirty areas in carpets eg. traffic area from kitchen/dining-lounge, outside bathrooms, around lounge chairs (provide some form of protection).
- Flat batteries not being replaced in smoke alarms, removing or interfering with smoke alarms (this is illegal and is a tenants responsibility throughout tenancy).
- Oil spills on garage floor and driveways.
- Build up of mould/slippery areas on paths/patio/driveways.
- Weeds and grass growing in flower beds/courtyard areas.
- Accumulated piles of garden trimmings heaped around the yard/courtyard.
- Grass clippings being tipped on garden beds.
If you have any questions regarding our regular inspections please contact your property manager.