Over four big days the 7 Sunshine Coast Marathon’s event timetable is full of awesome must-do events.
Here’s some must-see & do’s to add to your weekend itinerary.
1. Get down to the event expo from Friday 1pm and while you’re registering/picking up your race pack check out the exhibitors, food vendors and entertainment. Don’t forget to say hi to our Ray White volunteers! INSIDER TIP: Visit the Allez Sport tent for event merchandise and you’ll go in the draw to win a Hoka One One Clifton 4 prize pack valued at $320.
2. Settle the nerves and relax with the family at Running with the Local Stars at Alex Surf Club from 5pm and stay on for the outdoor movie SING! Grab a picnic blanket, some dinner and sit back and relax. INSIDER TIP: Catch a glimpse of the Sunshine Coast Lightning netball girls, who are the front runners to take out this year’s relay.
3. Don’t miss Australia’s fastest half marathon for 2017. Not only are the country’s most talented male and female distance runners vying for $25,000 if they break the current Australian 21.1km record, it’s the Australian Half Marathon Championships as well. The leading men are expected to cross the line at 7am and women at 7.09am. INSIDER TIP: Don’t miss a single second of Sunday’s red hot racing action. Get the race results for all distances LIVE on Sunday by clicking this link.
4. Ain’t no business like show business. Make sure you lap up the race day atmosphere, high five the crowds lining the streets, cheer on other runners and make the most of the red carpet rock star finish chute with the Sunshine Coast Vipers cheerleaders. INSIDER TIP: Cool down mid-race by running through the Westpac Misty Tunnel, set up halfway down Alex Parade.
5. The training’s done, the race has been run and now it’s time to celebrate. Get down to the Alex Surf Club with your family and friends at the Official After Party from 3pm on Sunday. INSIDER TIP: Don’t miss Monday’s 7 News Sunshine Coast from 6pm for a highlights package of the weekend’s events and pick up a copy of the Sunshine Coast Daily for an eight-page results and photo guide.