When it comes time to sell your property, one decision you will make is whether or not you wish to have a regular open home strategy as part of your campaign. The perception can be that they may not be necessary, as any genuine buyer will find a reason to view the property if they are interested.
So why should you bother having an open home and spending so much of your time that morning (and day before) preparing your home? Here are my top 5 reasons for implementing an Open Home strategy as part of your marketing campaign.
- Competition. At every opportunity our role as your marketing agent is to source as many possible buyers for your property. By conducting the inspections at regular 30 minute intervals; buyers will see one another and very quickly understand that they may not be the only buyer looking at the home.
- Social Proof. Physically seeing other buyers viewing a property in some ways confirms their own interest in the property. The more buyers viewing; the more confident they feel they are making the right decision.
- Convenience. As a seller we understand that preparing your home for sale requires a lot of effort and for that effort you want the maximum outcome. So instead of preparing your home for simply one inspection and maybe doing this 3-4 times a week, why not do it once on a Saturday for 10-20 inspections!
- Easy for Buyers. Our research shows that when you make inspections easy and convenient more buyers will view your home. Open Homes provide an advertised time where the buyers only needs to show up and not need to call ahead of time to book a time specifically with the agent.
- More Buyers. For each of our Open Homes we often place additional directional signage through your neighbourhood showing that your home is open. This in turn acts as an additional marketing avenue which attracts more prospective buyers that maybe driving through your area, but not necessarily your street or apartment building.