The Sunshine Coast offers an idyllic lifestyle, and we may be biased, but we believe Maroochydore is the pick of the bunch right now! So, why Maroochydore?
- Population Growth
2. Major Infrastructure
It isn’t hard to see why confidence is high around the Sunshine Coast at present. The market is now a dynamic environment, keeping pace with the energetic levels of development in our region.
We are catching up to our larger CBD neighbours, making it an exciting time to call the Sunshine Coast home.
3. Submarine Cable
- Did you know there are only 5 locations where broadband enters Australia? Sydney has 4 and Perth has 1.
- $15 million pledge to create an internet game changer. A chance to boost network connectivity and regional choice.
- The undersea cable would connect the Sunshine Coast directly with global communications systems.
- The business opportunities this technology would bring to the Sunshine Coast has a Proposed $1.1 billion per annum impact to QLD economy & $700 million per annum to Sunshine Coast economy.
- Mayor Mark Jamieson said “Most people don’t realise how dependent they are on submarine cables – these cables carry 99% of Australia’s international voice and data traffic.”
4. Maroochydore CBD
- Smarter. Brighter. Greener. Maroochydore’s new central business district is set to shape the future.
- Currently underway
- 15,000 jobs by 2025.
- $4.4 billion contribution to economy.
- Designed for the 21st Century, this ground-breaking development will be embedded with smart technology throughout, creating a cleaner, greener, dynamic city centre
- A new draw card that’s not only desirable and livable, it will have a trans-formative impact on the region’s economy.
5. Sunshine Coast Airport
- Currently our airport supports limited aircraft. As such, the flight times and locations are restrictive for both inbound and outbound travellers.
- An approved and fully funded $347 million expansion of the Sunshine Coast Airport commenced this year, with a new runway to be completed and operational by late 2020.
- This updated airport will service flights directly from key destinations in Asia and the Western Pacific.
- 2,230 jobs created and $4.1billion contribution to the local economy
- The upgrade undoubtedly provides the Sunshine Coast with better connectivity to the rest of the world allowing more visitors to also enjoy our wonderful environment.